Exploring Race and Class Inequalities In Speech Therapy Services
Time and Location
About the Event
Upon completion of this 2-hour course, participants will be able to:
- Identify prominent features of structural institutional racism
- Identify narratives reinforcing harmful stereotypes
- Promote understanding and awareness of disparate access to education
- Outline and explain contributing factors of inequity in speech therapy
About the Presenter:
Dr. Latimer-Hearn is a Speech-Language Pathologist with more than 17 years of experience. She has served diverse populations in the US and abroad throughout her career. She is a recipient of the Minority Dissertation Fellowship Award. Her research focuses on African American English and Multicultural Issues in Speech Pathology and Education.
Visit: www.dlhearn.net for more information.
To purchase tickets, you can send $25 by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and a registration form will be sent to you, or you can purchase by credit card through this event page below.
- Online Access$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0